Automobile crashes are the largest single cause of maternal deaths and the significant cause of fetal and neonatal fatalities. Car accidents can be a real concern and can cause both direct fetal injuries and premature birth that can lead to birth defects. How can you protect your unborn baby from a car accident?
Just hearing the news that you’re pregnant makes you so in love with your baby already! As excited and overwhelmed and joyous and worried about being a good mom as you are, there is one more thing you have to do… protect yourself and your unborn. You will do anything in your power to protect this precious life growing inside you.
Driving yourself around is a way of life for many women. You always count on your car to carry out your daily tasks such as shopping or dropping the kids at school. As a mom-to-be, it’s not often easy, desirable, or even safer to leave driving behind for the whole course of the pregnancy. For sure, you will prefer driving your own car than experiencing unpleasant tummy bumps when getting around via public transportation. If you knew that the most dangerous place to be while pregnant is behind the steering wheel or as a passenger in a car, what would you do? Especially if the baby bump has grown big already and driving has become uncomfortable. As your belly grows, the regular seat belt will make you feel uncomfortable, as it starts to press against your bump.
If you are like most pregnant women, you are either pulling the lap portion of the seat belt down and holding it with your thumb. Or worse, you refuse to wear a seat belt at all. If you are pregnant and you drive, the only advice you will be given is, never to place the belt over the abdomen, the belt should be placed low, across the hips, and over the upper thighs. It must lie snugly over the pelvis.
Protecting life and the use of seat belts are inseparable as it is for pregnancy and seat belts as well. Ignoring it will cause a direct impact with the steering wheel in the event of a car crashes that could cause serious pregnancy complications, such as placental abruption or uterine rupture, or fetal injuries. Tests revealed that the force on the tummy during a crash or sudden braking is a lethal force. And that during a crash or sudden braking, the body’s motion is to submarine or sink down, which means that the body pushes down and forward under the seat belt. This motion combined with the body’s weight causes harm to pregnant women.
The Pregnancy Car Seatbelt Positioner is carefully designed to reduce the risk of injury to your unborn child and to yourself, it does this by diverting seat belt pressure away from the tummy area to the thigh and pelvis areas. It creates an anchor point between the legs. It redirects the lap belt completely away from the pregnant belly. It is also quality-checked to ensure it will withstand crash energy and the seat belt will still work as intended. Plus, it makes driving while pregnant much more comfortable. Just like an affordable insurance policy, it gives you the peace of mind knowing you are doing everything you can to protect your growing baby inside.
PROPER WEARING OF SEAT BELT TO PROTECT YOUR BABY BUMP
Skipping the seat belt now that your pregnancy belly is prominent might be tempting, but is a major mistake. You need to wear it, but you should know how to wear it properly. You should wear the seat belt low across your thighs and hips and under your baby bump. If you were to position the belt on your belly, the pressure from it could cause injury to the placenta and hurt your sweet baby if you were in a crash. Additional tips for wearing your seatbelt when pregnant: – pull upward on the shoulder belt to make belt snug – lay shoulder belt between breasts – if driving, tilt steering wheel upwards – keep vehicle seat upright instead of reclining as if reclining, the seatbelt could push on the uterus in a crash. – slide front seat as far back as possible as to sit farther away from the airbag.
Product Specs and Features:
- Name: Pregnancy Seat Belt Positioner
- Color: As Shown
- Material: ABS+PPC
- Seat belt length: about 1.55 meters/61.02inch
- Applicable Vehicle Models: Universal for all models
- Applicable Users: pregnant women, puerpera, abdominal surgery, stomach surgery, big belly, beer belly, etc. do not like the belly bound people
- Dispersing impact: The raised belt adjuster allows the belt to straddle the thigh instead of the abdomen, so that the impact force spreads in four directions, such as the shoulder, the sides of the waist, and the ankle, without pressing to the abdomen.
- Easy to install: The fixed belt can be installed once around the seat! Simple and intuitive installation method, so everyone can easily install and remove!
- Exquisite design: Only consider the function of the product itself; the size is small and exquisite; space can be naturally integrated with the interior space!
- Closely fit with the seat. When installing, riding, and getting off, there will be no foreign body sensation; the curve extending forward will not scratch the clothes; it can also be used normally when wearing a skirt!
- 1 x Pregnancy Car Seatbelt Positioner