The Newborn Cocoon Swaddle Wrap Mimics A Mother's Touch for A Calming Sleep
The ABC’s of safe sleep go a long way to keeping your baby as safe as possible. Your little bundle of joy should sleep: Alone, on the Back, and in a Crib. But for us, parents, we must add one more step to this parenting routine: Swaddle your baby before going to sleep.
Is your baby a great sleeper? No problem, you can still see the swaddle difference as it mimics your touch. You can enjoy spending quality time with your little one during your favorite sleep routine of bathing, nursing/feeding, swaddling, and you can sing your little one their favorite lullaby and before you know it, you will see them drifting into slumber. This swaddle has proven to cut down on the sleep routine by a significant amount of time, when otherwise your baby would resist sleeping, thus requiring long minutes or even hours of holding them just waiting for them to fall asleep.
It has been proven that touch triggers a self-soothing response in the human brain. It stabilizes our heart rate, blood pressure, and lowers cortisol levels. It has also been proven that touch, when simulated by applying gentle pressure using lightly weighted objects, can also trigger a similar soothing response.
This Newborn Cocoon Swaddle Wrap with Headband combines the benefits of touch with the benefits of swaddling and helps them calm easier, stay asleep longer, and overall be more content.
If you’re expecting a new arrival soon, get your Newborn Cocoon Swaddle Wrap with Headband now and experience fewer sleepless nights once the baby arrives. If your baby is already a few weeks old- it’s not too late! Although many parents swaddle right from the get-go, you can always start swaddling when your baby is a bit older.
Swaddling has a number of key benefits for both parents and babies – when done correctly and safely.
Benefits of Swaddling Your Baby
- Babies who are swaddled sleep longer and more soundly.
- Swaddled babies experience less anxiety.
- Swaddling prevents unnecessary wake-ups due to the startle reflex.
- Using a swaddle eliminates the need for comfort items in baby’s crib – no pillows, bumpers, blankets, stuffed animals, etc. (using these items in crib have been linked to SIDS)
- A swaddled baby can’t scratch their face.
- Swaddling mimics touch, which is important for baby especially when they wake up at night.
- Wearing a swaddle helps maintain the baby’s back-sleeping position, and also reminds tired parents to place the baby on back to sleep.
- Swaddling soothes babies with colic (again, when swaddled, they feel secure and safe just like they felt in the womb).
- Using a swaddle with the baby in the hands-over-heart position is the preferred sleeping position for babies; in this position, they learn to self-soothe and can get back to sleep on their own.
- Swaddling benefits parents too — when the baby sleeps more, mom and dad sleep more!
Material: Cotton Blend
Size : 65cm*29 cm
1 x Swaddle + Headband